Serves 6 people
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 litre milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 lime zest
- 100 gr sugar
Make the recipe in a saucepan.
- Split the vanilla bean lengthwise. Put in a pan with the milk, cinnamon stick, lemon peel and sugar cane. Bring everything to the limit of boiling, mixing MUST NOT boil.
- Remove the pan from heat. Take off a ladle of hot milk. Pour the milk into a bowl and let cool.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat in omelette. While whisking, pour the warm milk over the eggs.
- Put this mixture into the pan containing the remaining milk, whisking constantly.
- Put the pan on low heat and heat, turning until the preparation thickens and coats the spoon. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove from heat. Let cool in a bowl. Pour into glasses and serve warm.
Serve with biscuits.